Tuesday, December 20, 2011

paper plate Christmas tree garland


my little ones and i had fun making these. we had done something similar in the fall with paper plates and making them look like candy corn, so i knew when Christmas rolled around, we would make Christmas trees.

supplies~
paper plates cut into quarters
green paint
glitter glue, sequins, construction paper...whatever you want to use to decorate your trees.

we painted our trees first and once they were dry we decorated them.

then i hung them up on an old window in our dining room.

9 comments:

  1. These paper plate Christmas trees are an adorable and creative idea! I'll be repinning this on my Kids' Craft board, and Christmas board! I came over from Pinterest, and my website pin4ever.com lets pinners save a copy of all their pins, likes, and boards. Anyone can get a free backup right now -- I hope you'll check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My preschooler and I made something similar based off of your idea. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to make this with my daycare kids. I love finding new ideas for Christmas. I am adding this to my christmas website. www.everything4christmas.org Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm the Editorial Assistant for Fun Family Crafts and I wanted to let you know that we have featured your garland! You can see it here:

    http://funfamilycrafts.com/paper-plate-christmas-tree-garland/

    If you have other kid-friendly crafts, we'd love it if you would submit them. If you would like to display a featured button on your site, you can grab one from the right side bar of your post above. Thanks for a super project idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! I’m just stopping by to let you know that this post was selected as an Editor’s Pick for December (yes, we’re a bit behind in posting these!) over at Fun Family Crafts. :) You can see it here http://funfamilycrafts.com/editors-picks-december-2013/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for this great idea. I just got done doing this with my girls and we loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for this, will be doing this with my class at school tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete